As a non-profit organization, the United Way of Greater Waterbury cannot do what it does without partners, volunteers and donors. Work toward community change and have a lasting impact through advocacy, volunteering, running a workplace campaign or increasing your individual gift.
Anyone can champion the cause—whether you're speaking out to improve education, financial stability or support for basic needs. So go ahead and advocate in a LIVE UNITED world. Do it in public. Be visible. Be loud.
Here are some ways you can become an advocate for United Way:
- Tell your friends about your involvement with United Way and its mission. Tell them in person, forward the e-newsletter or bring them along to an event.
- Write a letter to the editor. United Way needs people who are passionate about education, financial stability and basic needs to make some noise.
- Send a letter to your elected official.
- Wear the shirt. You'll be able to spark a conversation when you wear the LIVE UNITED shirt.
- Link to the United Way of Greater Waterbury website from your website or social media channel, and update your LinkedIn profile with your United Way volunteerism to proudly show your involvement to your connections.
Upstarters is an initiative that gives local youth exposure to the role they can play in addressing community needs. Rather than hoping that youth learn about volunteerism or philanthropy by the time they are adults, UPSTARTERS is focused on the future generation of United Way learning to lead now.